Thursday, November 4, 2010

Getting Started

I'm new to blogging. So all this is new to me.
I’m refurbishing a 1973 Whitby 42 sailboat Hull #5. The purchase of this type of sailboat has been a dream of mine for a long time. What I would like to do through this blog is to express what I’m going through updating and remodeling the sailboat. Her name is BAMM II; each letter of her name is the first letter of each of my family member’s first name. Two because she is the second boat named this way.

For those that are not familiar with this Sailboat she was built in Whitby, Ontario Canada. These vessels are known for their comfort and solid construction, which is why I chose her. I purchased her as a hurricane damaged vessel in Cocoa Beach, Florida.

As I pursue the restoration of Bamm I will try to express my thoughts.

I’m a novice at this type of work, so I welcome any advice given.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex. Just found your blog, congratulations on the W42. Great boat, but then again I am biased. Get a copy of Don Casey's "This Old Boat, Second Edition" and use his planning grid.

    Get some photos posted.

    Regards

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete